Stirling Bike Club's Links
Stirling Bike Club members are not known to sit and play
computer games after a days cycle, instead they log on to
the web and spend time looking through other cycle resources.
Here you'll find a list of links that we find useful and you
may also find a use for.
Cyclists' Union - a brand new look website that is regularly
Mountain Bike Leader Association - this site is dedicated
to the SMBLA award. Some useful information is available
on how to go about getting this award and the site also
provides other related information.
- The UK version of the International Mountain Bike Association
who deal with trail access and creation/modification.
- Stirling guide with what's on, events and entertainment,
heritage, places to stay, news and local information for
residents and visitors to this historic Scottish city.
Scotland Cycling Association - Scotland is divided into
centres via the SCU map. Stirling Bike Club is a member
of the SCU via the Mid Scotland centre.
(The League International) - The TLI is an independent
group which offers all the superior services to all categories
of cycling. The TLI offers a comprehensive range of competition
events. Be it a novice or a top rider, we cater for all
and for all abilities.
Cycling Club - Addiscombe Cycling Club is a friendly
Croydon based club catering for racing and leisure cyclists
of all disciplines.
- an ever expanding cycle resource that caters for not only
MTBs but also Road, Touring and Cyclo-Cross. Updated daily
and a number of the members participate in the Forums on
a regular basis.
- for mountain bikers in the south west of the UK.
- a group of local guys who spend their time riding and
jumping round Cambusbarron Woods - these guys really know
how to build some scary jumps! They have recently got together
and formed a DH team.
Hill Riders - a bike club from Northumberland. Site
has loads of pictures of them out riding and has a few route
guides as well.
- catering for all things DH, this site covers the DH scene
in Scotland offering race reports, calendars, news and interviews.
of a Mountain Biker - A dedicated to all things MTB
based in the Southern end of England.
Short Scottish Cycle runs - Short Scottish Cycle Runs
in Central Scotland and the Trossachs.
Mountain Bike Club - this is the oldest MTB club in
Scotland, and has a very useful website - the site provides
a large amount of information about the club and is updated
MTB Club - one of the first clubs to get organised with
trailbuilding and creating some excellent results after
the initial success of the 7Stanes sites. A rather busy
club with regular rides and regular trailbuilding, based
way up North!
- UK MTB Routes for experts and tips for all levels of ability.
- a huge US-based cycle resource that seems to have captured
a large portion of the UK riders, a good chat room and a
huge product review section keeps this site well up there
in the useful stakes.
- a community-based website intended to cover the whole
of Northern Ireland and beyond.
Adventures - Online is an online packed with a collection
of full ride reports, route guides (some including maps)
preparation tips, equipment reviews, images to inspire and
- We are an airport transfer company specialising in transfers
from Geneva airport to Les Portes du Soleils ski area in
France (Morzine, Avoriaz, Les Gets and St Jean D'Aulps)
and the Chamonix valley. Ski Lifts run a fleet of brand
new Nissan minivans with trailers that provide safe and
secure carriage for bikes and luggage. We pride ourselves
on running a professional and efficient service with prices
starting at only €25 per person for a one way transfer.
Singletrack - A wealth of MTB information from trails
to shops, pubs and places to stay, all based in the county
- the National Cycle Network, covering not only road rides,
but also off-road rides. Also caters for all abilities of
- This is the website for the Scottish XC MTB series - run
by a group of like-minded individuals who want nothing more
than to see the Scottish Series get the respect and admiration
it deserves. The site is regularly updated with race information
and results as well as an active discussion board.
of Limerick MTB Club - full of students so it is surprising
how much cycling actually gets done!
- Bikemagic - an ever expanding cycle resource that caters for not only MTBs but also Road, Touring and Cyclo-Cross. Updated daily and a number of the members participate in the Forums on a regular basis.
- Central Scotland Wheelers - Another bike club based in Central region. This club meets regularly during the week and has some weekend cycles organised as well.
- Falkirk Bike Club - this would be our sister club if Stirling and Falkirk were related! The club organises a number of Thursday night training sessions where everyone is welcome - this site will provide you with the necessary information.
Wheelers - Regular road rides and now starting
to get a small but loyal MTB group out riding as well.
- Perth United Cycling Club - A local cycle club for those who live in Perth, lots of content and updated regularly.
- Sustrans - the National Cycle Network, covering not only road rides, but also off-road rides. Also caters for all abilities of rider.
- Cyclo-cross.com - This site has all the answers and reports for anyone interested in Cyclo-Cross. Not only the domain of the bored roadies over winter, this sport is starting to really pick up with the mountain bikers as well. This site has some excellent reports and articles on the sport.
of Callander - has a huge range of cycle products to
cater for a wide range of needs whether it's clothing or
accessories, the latest road bike or the latest full-bounce
lightweight racing MTB, this shop offers it all with a very
friendly service. Also has a first-class accomodation service,
so you could always use the facilities for a weekend riding
in the Trossachs.
Bikes - newly opened shop inside Tiso in Stirling -
looks good and the staff seem keen to get out! They offer
SBC members 15% discount and have occasional club nights
with even greater discounts.
Bike & Ski Clinic - situated in Park Terrace, Brightons,
Nr Falkirk (tel.no. 01324 718700) and caters for all cycling
needs, sales, repairs and service. Also offer a pick up
and return service on repairs. Also, for all those cyclists
who ski during the winter, a first class ski repair service
- BikeBase is an independent bike shop located in Abergavenny
in South Wales with some amazing scenery right on our doorstep.
Bicycle Co-op - a huge shop that boasts a massive range
of cycle products, the online catalogue lists about 80%
of all the stock and the website is full of other useful
Bikes - Family run bike shop, stocking top name brands.
Craig Hardie, well known on the race circuit for his BMX,
XC and DH achievments co-runs the shop with his father.
Active Sports Ltd - the UK distributors for Isostar,
which is specially formulated to improve sporting performance
Wallace Cycles - a well stocked shop just under the
Forth Rail Bridge at Inverkeithing. Orange bikes are the
main bike stocked by Sandy, but he has a huge choice of
kit. Friendly staff and a very active race team.
Outdoor Gear - Scotland's leading independent winter
sports retailer, with shops in Paisley, Dunfermline and
Stirling. Stirling Summits offer SBC members 10% discount
and have occasional club nights with even greater discounts.
- A newly refurbished mountain bike centre in the Pyrenees,
in beautiful Catalonia. Use the training area of the Pyrenees
that all the top level international mountain bike riders
choose as their training ground! You'll stay in a spacious,
well fitted traditional Catalan farmhouse with private swimming
pool, large BBQ area, and of course ride exhilarating terrain
with guides who are in top form.
Wensam - situated high in the French Alps (Portes du
Soleil). Great for mountain biking, skiing, white water
rafting, parascending and walking.
Culture and Activity Tours - European Cultural and Activity
tours has a selection of cycling holidays throughout Europe.
Tourism Cycling Holidays - Kent - The Garden of England.
The official tourism web site of Kent County Council. Find
out about cycling holidays in Kent, as well as a guide to
what to do, what's on and where to eat.
- mb7 –
7stanes tours and support - Offering week long tours
and weekend challenges amongst the amazing new 7stanes trails,
mb7 also offers introductory weekends for those taking to
singletrack for the first time. mb7 has bike-friendly accommodation
partners close to all of the 7stanes sites. From bunkhouses
to hotels, you can locate and book your ideal accommodation
for your 7stanes trip FOR FREE. You get a pack through the
post with directions to get there, trail maps and details
of special offers available through mb7.
Mountain Biking Holidays - MBMB have been running mountain
bike holidays and tours in the Chamonix valley in the French
Alps since 1992. They are the Alps leading cross country
tour operator and the first (and I believe only) people
to offer the '3 Countries Tour' - a 5 day circumnavigation
of the Mont-Blanc (Europes highest peak).
Frio Holidays - We provide year-round breaks for individuals,
families or groups in Andalucia, Southern Spain - one of
the most beautiful areas of Europe. Come and relax in our
rural idyll, or let us show you some of the best road cycling,
mountain biking, hiking, running and power-walking routes
- Mtn Biking in the Heart of the Andalucian Mountains. Guided
trips or just a base to explore.
catering accommodation on the Costa Blanca, Spain -
The Guadalest Valley and the surrounding area provide excellent
cycling and mountain biking. You can tackle the challenging
hills, exhilarating descents, or just take it easy along
the nearby "Greenways" (converted railway lines),
which can be accessed nearby.
- a UK Ltd mountain bike holiday specialist based in Canada.
We offer short and long term holidays in luxury chalet accommodation
situated in one of the most influential & diverse riding
areas in the world - WHISTLER BC. From Squamish to the Chilcotins;
the Northeshore to 7000ft glaciers; by 4x4, helicopter of
float plane, we will give you the riding adventure of a
lifetime - or just get you high in infamous Whistler Bike
Addiction - Epic Singletrack Descent in the Alps...free
guiding, cost-price accommodation
mtb - Looking for a serious Alpine high? Then explore
our ‘backyard', from the comfort of our accommodation
in Morzine, and enjoy eye-popping scenery and adrenaline
laden trails everyday. If you're more of an entrepid explorer,
then spread your wings, push into the backcountry and try
one of our multi-day Alpine Tours. Experience unforgettable
days in the mountain.
Spirit - we are www.westernspirit.com - Moab Mountain
Biking Tour Company.
- Crispin Bennett's Cycle Routes - Crispin is involved with the CTC and enjoys spending weekends away on his bike cycling round Scotland. He has now compiled a list of his favourite routes and put them on the web.
- Total Cycling - The website of the Fife and Kinross District Association.