Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Age group for oldies

Age group for oldies 13 Oct 2019 22:14 #16701

• Nigel Brooks
  • Nigel Brooks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
I’ve done a few events this year, all have been good fun and congratulations to the organising clubs.

Something thats missing from some events are results (and prizes ) for veteran age groups, V40 V50 V60 etc ( some events have 5 year age groups )Indeed this age group recognition was missing from the recent Scottish National Hill TT I think this is something that should be taken up with Scottish Cycling ( I am no way complaining about Kinross club who did a magnificent organisation ) I believe our club has some representation via the committee to Scottish Cycling so could make a submission .

Age groups are well defined for young riders ((correctly) as they are described as the future which I believe is only partly true. We have an increasingly elderly population so to ensure it’s economic for clubs to put on events more elderly riders need to be encouraged to race / TT. The events I have experience of attract relatively few junior or youth riders so more older riders are needed to make sure the events are economic and having Vet age group categories is a way of encouraging this and to me getting Scottish cycling to make it mandatory is a good start.

CX races have such vet categories which prove popular and as a member of VTTA I would like to record the good work they do, it was a shame the TdeTrossachs was cancelled with SVTTA input Vet age groups were to be recognised, this should become the norm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club