Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Blog 11 Jan 2020 17:21 #17063

• Chi kong Cham
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 51
Great stuff. Many thanks Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Blog 11 Jan 2020 10:01 #17062

• Andy Chambers
  • Andy Chambers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Chi,

I'll add a link to the main site at the bottom.

My thoughts were that the blog would include the same sort of content that was in the newsletter
that I've heard about. Would be good to understand more about what the overheads were as I'm hoping
the blog will be fairly lightweight. In addition to summarizing member achievments and developments
I hope we can use it to generate a bit of buzz about club initiatives. For example, things that have come
up so far in committee meetings include

spin class / chain gang
away days
coaching recruitment for the warriors etc

Basically as things come up in committee meetings I plan on using the blog to get the message out.
A communications plan sounds like a good idea though.

I think the main site actually has list of all the emails on the club committee page

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/about-us/club-committee

I plan to replace my personal email with "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." but I don't think emails
to that address are coming to me yet and I wanted to get something up quick without requiring
more admin work for anyone else.

Last edit: by Andy Chambers.

New Blog 11 Jan 2020 07:03 #17061

• Chi kong Cham
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 51
Hi Andy - another impressive contribution from yourself in your new role. Some things to consider below:

1. Can you add a link to the main SBC website at the bottom ( www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php ), please?
  2. SBC will potentially now have a sixth public communication channel (blog, Facebook, Twitter, club forum, website, e-mail [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]) which increases confusion on where/overhead on keeping up to date or for asking questions. Can a communications plan be developed so members, the public and media can understand what channel is appropriate for what or takes precedence over which, please?
  3. The blog could potentially fill some of the gaps left when Craig Manson had to give up creating the SBC member newsletter which summarised all member achievements and developments over each quarter but I understand there was tremendous overheads and be duplicating information elsewhere. That is where a communication plan that establishes what members want/need to know/where it can be found and hyperlinks within this blog to those sources could potentially reduce effort.
  4. Not related to the blog but I found that the only public facing e-mail address on the Club website for any public or press enquiries is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. buried deep within www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/rides . I'm not sure where the British Cycling contacts facility ( www.britishcycling.org.uk/club/profile/3609/stirling-bike-club ) actually sends enquiries to and this blog offers your own personal e-mail address at the bottom of the page. This may need to be consolidated in the future.
I'm no expert in this field but hope that the above comments/observations are useful going forwards. Keep up the good work. :)

New Blog 11 Jan 2020 00:45 #17059

• Andy Chambers
  • Andy Chambers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 24
Hey Folks,

Since there's no cycling today, now seems like a good time to announce the new
stirling bike club blog I set up.

stirling-bike-club.github.io/new-publicity-officer/

I still need to figure out how to make sure new posts are sent to members who might not
access the forum much but for the technically inclined, there's an RSS link at the bottom
of the page. Stay tuned for news about all the great stuff happening around the different
sections of the club. And if there's anything you'd like me to write about, get in touch and
I'll be happy to oblige.

Cheers,
Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Rebecca Barker, Andrew Learmonth

Last edit: by Andy Chambers.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club