Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coronavirus and SBC

Coronavirus and SBC 17 Mar 2020 08:31 #17259

• Douglas Telfer
  • Douglas  Telfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 37
Folks

In light of yesterday’s government announcement about social gatherings and sport at grassroots level the committee of SBC feel that it’s only right that we call time on what in essence is actively encouraging such gatherings with our weekend club rides, coaching sessions and meetings.

As a club we will be following the latest guidelines, which by this weekend will undoubtedly have become even more stringent, and with immediate effect all club rides, coaching and meetings will be cancelled for the foreseeable future. I don’t think we can currently put timescales on this as it’s an ever changing picture but I do feel as a club with a significant membership across many age groups we have a social responsibility to do the right thing.

Obviously we cannot stop members getting together and going out on rides etc however we cannot be seen to be encouraging anything which falls under the official auspices of Stirling Bike Club.

I would hope that you will all understand this stance and that in the coming weeks we will continue to update you all as and when the government guidelines may change.

In the meantime keep in touch with each other and stay safe.

Regards

Douglas Telfer
Last edit: by Douglas Telfer.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club