Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Essential cycle skills theory for riders and drivers. Free Zoom training. Various dates 24 May 2020 14:40 #17330

• Andrew Abbess
  • Andrew Abbess's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 14
I can offer the one hour theory powerpoint presentation that uses slides & videos to look at good practice cycling that is used as part of the CPD offered to Professional Drivers (lorry, bus, and driving instructors) and also to cycle instructors and cycle ride leaders.

It is also suitable for those returning to cycling or starting to ride on road. It has also been used in schools as a young driver cycle awareness programme for S5 & S6 students

I am one of Cycling Scotland's freelance tutors and I deliver cycle ride leader courses, cycle trainer courses and professional driver (bus, truck and driving instructor) Cycle Awareness Training CPD. I helped deliver cycle awareness training to all Stirling Council employees with HGV or PSV licences a few years ago.

This training is a 60 minute presentation that uses slides and videos to explore what constitutes good practice cycling and good practice driving around vulnerable road users. We have had excellent feedback from driving instructors who have attended the training and some have said they have learnt from it and have changed their lesson plans.

The next training is being delivered via zoom on: Wednesday 10 June 7/8 pm

send me a DM or E mail me for a zoom meeting invitation. If The session above does not work for you tell me when is a good time for you in the e mail and I will arrange a session to suit: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please pass on details to friends relatives or colleagues who may be new to cycling or who may drive

At the moment this is free of charge but if you find it useful and you are feeling generous local cycling charity Recyke a bike have a fundraiser on at the moment:-
chuffed.org/project/project-help-recyke-a-bike-ride-it-out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Barton, Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Chi kong Cham, Norrie Petrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21 I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years. Mark Twain.
Last edit: by Andrew Abbess.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club