Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

On the Start Line of Christina Mackenzie’s LeJog Attempt 13 Aug 2021 19:15 #17624

• Christina Mackenzie
  • Thank you received: 15
Thank you to everyone from SBC who came out to support, it really was so motivating seeing so many people. A big shout out the the groups in Fife and the Perth roundabout, it kept me smiling for the next few miles and temporarily forget the pain I was in.

Also,thank you kindly to everyone that has donated to Alzheimer’s Scotland, as you all know it’s a charity close to my heart and so grateful to raise over £13k for them.

Finally thank you for all the words of encouragement and support prior, during and post record, I’m proud to be part of such a great club that it’s Stirling Bike Club

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer, James Tierney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Christina Mackenzie.

On the Start Line of Christina Mackenzie’s LeJog Attempt 09 Aug 2021 15:53 #17619

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 76
I did thanks...fantastic achievement!

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

On the Start Line of Christina Mackenzie’s LeJog Attempt 09 Aug 2021 13:09 #17617

• Lynne Kelly
  • Lynne Kelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 74
Sorry Richard, we didn’t get the chance to update the forum en route, hopefully you managed to catch up on progress via the previous Twitter and/or Facebook links. Christina was indeed still flying along and made it into JoG in plenty time for Brunch in the end! Smashing the record in the process with a time of 51:05:27!

It goes without saying that the support from members of our great club was outstanding and very much appreciated once again, from the sheer number of messages of encouragement throughout to the many who stood by the roadside cheering Christina on as she made a beeline for the A9. So once again, thank you!

On the Start Line of Christina Mackenzie’s LeJog Attempt 29 Jul 2021 07:14 #17610

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 76
How is Christina progressing? I've been a bit distracted with work but think she was about 20 minutes up on her expected times about 4 hours in to her ride yesterday - is she still flying along?

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

On the Start Line of Christina Mackenzie’s LeJog Attempt 28 Jul 2021 04:12 #17608

• Lynne Kelly
  • Lynne Kelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 74
Well as we wake up at the far end of England this (early) morning, I am pleased to report that the waiting is all but over for Christina as we confirm her attempt to break the women’s record for cycling from Land’s End to John O’Groats will begin today, Wednesday 28th July, at 8am.

For anyone looking for a reason to get out and about this week, Christina is currently scheduled to come over the Forth Road Bridge early evening tomorrow (Thursday 29th), before venturing into the Kingdom that is Fife. From there, she will head north to Perth and on to the A9 and is scheduled to arrive into John O'Groats in time for lunch on Friday 30th July. As with the valiant attempt in 2019, any messages via social media or cheery chants in person will be very much appreciated and a huge help in getting Christina from one end of the country to the other and propelling her up the delightful A9.

For more accurate scheduling, links to the official tracker and regular updates from the road will be posted as we go on twitter, mobile.twitter.com/Lejogmack and on facebook, m.facebook.com/Lejogmack/ .

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing some of you on the road!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer, David Hogg, Fraser Purves

• Page:
Designed by the Club