Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MTB evening development rides

MTB evening development rides 07 May 2019 15:25 #15630

• catriona bennett
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Helen, sounds good. Do you have any future dates? I might be able to get a Tuesday off. Or if there's any chance of even a one off on a different evening that would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MTB evening development rides 02 May 2019 07:39 #15602

• Helen Gorman
  • Helen Gorman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 19
Next week's beginners' MTB ride will depart on Tuesday 7th May at 7pm from the India Gate restaurant in Dunblane. This is NOT a coached session, but a regular club ride, ie everyone rides at their own risk. However there will be opportunities to stop and session various bits and put into practice what we did in the coached session on Tuesday.

While we will stick to the less technical trails this is still off-road riding so you should have a suitable bike with nobbly tyres, helmets compulsory, wear glasses and knee pads if you have them. Bring spares, drinks, extra layers according to the weather and so on. Expect to be riding for 1.5-2 hours.

Reply to this post or comment on the FB post if you are coming along!

MTB evening development rides 19 Apr 2019 20:52 #15462

• Annemarie Milne
  • Thank you received: 0
I hope to join you, at these

MTB evening development rides 17 Apr 2019 20:37 #15440

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
I've finally got some dates in the diary for beginners' MTB rides. Apologies to everyone who preferred Mondays, but Tuesdays have just turned out better for me. The plan is:

Tuesday 30th April - beginners' skills session at the Laighills Park in Dunblane. Ready to ride from 7 at the Haining car park just behind the cathedral. We will cover the basics such as the ready position, cornering, climbing and descending.

Tuesday 7th May - social development ride with the option of stopping to session various bits, according to what people want to do. Venue TBC but will either be Cambusbarron Woods or Park of Keir.

Please comment either here or on my Facebook post if you are planning on coming along.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elizabeth Clayton

MTB evening development rides 25 Mar 2019 15:31 #15262

• Annemarie Milne
  • Thank you received: 0
I would be interested in this. Thanks!

MTB evening development rides 22 Mar 2019 15:37 #15247

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 32
This sounds a fantastic idea.

I think I'll have someone who is interested in this...

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

MTB evening development rides 20 Mar 2019 21:22 #15232

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
I've been talking about doing some MTB development rides for a while, and I'm thinking it would be good to do a series of them - maybe 4 - after the school holidays when the evenings are lighter. These would be rides aimed at people who are either new or returning to MTB, and who fancy a no-pressure, fun ride with a bit of coaching thrown in.

If you are interested in coming along, please either post up here, or respond to the poll I've posted on the Facebook group to let me know your preferred day(s)! It would probably be a couple of hours from 7pm, somewhere local to Stirling like Park of Keir or Cambusbarron. I could do Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Barton, Colin Chisholm, Steve Field, Sally Baillie

• Page:
Designed by the Club