Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MTB ride - 4th December - night time ride @ Plean Country Park - Everyone welcome!!!!

MTB ride - 4th December - night time ride @ Plean Country Park - Everyone welcome!!!! 04 Dec 2019 17:31 #16917

• Colin Chisholm
  • Colin Chisholm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 69
Hi Sallie, no problem and yes, bring him along!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MTB ride - 4th December - night time ride @ Plean Country Park - Everyone welcome!!!! 04 Dec 2019 17:02 #16916

• Sally Baillie
  • Thank you received: 3
We might be a bit late- Em finishes swimming at 6.30. Only Ali cycling- are you still ok to chaperone him Colin?I have filled in the form.

MTB ride - 4th December - night time ride @ Plean Country Park - Everyone welcome!!!! 04 Dec 2019 14:46 #16915

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 58
I won't be riding tonight, but I'm hoping to stop by about 19:20/30 to maybe see you passing by...got parenting to do so can't bike.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

MTB ride - 4th December - night time ride @ Plean Country Park - Everyone welcome!!!! 04 Dec 2019 09:04 #16913

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Just a wee reminder about this evenings offroad/MTB ride out in Plean Country Park

Weather is looking rather dry and a balmy 7ish degrees!

Wont be overly technical, however it will be massive fun!!!

Any questions, post up :)

Hope to see a few of you at 7:00pm :)

Colin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sally Baillie

MTB ride - 4th December - night time ride @ Plean Country Park - Everyone welcome!!!! 27 Nov 2019 12:52 #16868

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi everyone!

You'll have no doubt saw in an earlier post that we're starting regular mountain bike rides midweek and weekends from Wednesday 4th December

This weeks midweek evening MTB ride on Wednesday 4th December will be based around Plean Country Park.

Why Plean I hear you ask.. well it's local, not overly technical and it's a great place to spend an hour or two chasing lights along the trails :)

The plan is to meet in the main car park, in front of the miner for 7:00pm, ready to ride for about 7:10 after a chat, and a bit of fettling go for a ride along the park trails for a couple of hour, finishing around 9pm back at the carpark.
If you're U18 and want to come along please have a read through our U18 policy and follow the guidance, please don't just turn up on the night and hope for the best!!!

The car park closes about 8pm, so please don't park in the car park, there is parking just down the hill in Plean and the wee jaunt up the road will help you to warm up :)

The ride is going to be fairly chilled out, pace and trails will be to suit the group, so if you're thinking about it, post up to let me know, and any questions you might, ask away here! - NO ONE LEFT BEHIND

Plean Country Park is only a few miles from Stirling and Falkirk area, and can be found here

It will be dark, it will most likely be wet and cold so please bring a set of lights suitable of off-roading
as well as the following:-

Mountain bike (full suspension or hardtail) or a cyclocross bike suitable for off-road use and in good working order
Helmet - Compulsory - if you turn up without a helmet you will not be allowed to ride with us!
Puncture repair kit - spare tube to suit your wheel/tires, pump, tire levers
Suitable clothing for cycling - baggies or lycra, we don't care!
Gloves - not essential but will protect your hands from the elements and injury in case of a fall
Knee pads etc - not compulsory but if you have them, they can be useful - if only to help keep you a little warmer!
Spare layers depending on the weather conditions
Multi-tool to aid repairs
Some food to keep your energy levels up for the duration of the ride
Water or energy drink, again enough for the duration of the ride and weather conditions
Backpack to carry everything in

Last edit: by Colin Chisholm.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club