• Page:

TOPIC: Congratulations on the Plean event

Congratulations on the Plean event 01 Dec 2015 13:50 #4111

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
No megaphone needed, but you need to be loud to let the riders know they are being watched and encouraged...most of them only hear screaming in their ears - from their legs and lungs asking them to slow down!

Of course...the faster you go the quicker the shouting stops...so next time GIE IT LALDY!!! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

Congratulations on the Plean event 30 Nov 2015 21:07 #4103

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Richard I would swear you were shouting through a megaphone at the hurdles, scared the bejesus outa me on the first lap :S

Colin did a great job I'd agree on what was a pretty rubbish weather day I know the planning and organising it takes to organise a race and I tip my hat to you sir, I was worried there would be a lot of no shows but this CX bunch are a hardy lot, all the races were well appointed, though my heart was in my mouth when the first kids race passed and half of them were crying as they cycled past :blink: sounds a bit like the chain-gang :woohoo:

It would be silly of us as a club to not put on another CX race, CX is thriving in Scotland, its a cracking atmosphere similar to what we have put on in the cries, Great for spectators to watch and for sponsors/ bike shops/ food trucks etc to setup and make a pound or promote, I'd be happy to help organise a CX race...as long as I can race too :cheer:

Last edit: by Derek Ditty.

Congratulations on the Plean event 30 Nov 2015 08:09 #4089

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
I had an excellent day yesterday helping out at the Plean CX event. The riders appeared to be enjoying themselves (or at least none were complaining to me!) despite the weather.
Colin did an excellent job getting things organised and his team rallied to lend a hand.
It was great seeing a biking event back at the park, would be amazingly good to see it feature annually - that does require and organiser and a team to make that happen, so I'm aware it isn't just someone saying, 'aye, alright then', however it could be a regular on the events map.
Also good to see so many club riders there...I knew a few names but otherwise you all got called Stirling!
Almost all my fingers have stopped hurting now from the cold wet, but I'd be happy to help out at the next one...if there is another.
The Burrito was very much appreciated and tasted amazing.
Well done Colin and his team.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...
Last edit: by Richard Barton.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club