Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saturday 3rd August - Kids and Adults bike ride - Callander Estate and Canal

Saturday 3rd August - Kids and Adults bike ride - Callander Estate and Canal 31 Jul 2019 11:49 #16205

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 58
Having a think about this, I'm going to suggest we do this ride the opposite direction - that way we have more downhill than climb and the canal will be the end of the ride.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

Saturday 3rd August - Kids and Adults bike ride - Callander Estate and Canal 29 Jul 2019 08:16 #16202

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 58
Hi,

This bike ride was meant to be to Comrie Croft, but I'm afraid I've got some family commitments in the afternoon so need to be back by 14:00. So, with that in mind, I'm thinking we do a wee bit of an adventure slightly closer to home.

We meet at the public car park for a 10:30 departure, by the canal/railway line on the North side of the Falkirk Wheel (so drive in towards the Boardwalk restaurant but carry on along the road to the parking - it is free - www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.0034401,-3.8440334,1111m/data=!3m1!1e3 - this should open up with the car park in the middle of the page, just down from the Boardwalk restaurant.

We'll then head along to Bonnybridge on the canal and then climb up to Rough Castle Roman Fort - and then head to Callander Estate and ride the trails there. If there is time and people are still feeling fit, we could then ride back along to Bonnybridge and back to the cars along the canal.

For those not wanting to drive, Camelon train station is close by as well.

This ride won't be technical,. but it will have a bit more distance and a few more climbs.

Everyone is welcome to join, but any kids will need to be chaperoned.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...
  • Page:
Designed by the Club