• Page:

TOPIC:

Saturday Social rides are back! 16 Aug 2021 08:08 #17625

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 76
Haven't posted on here for a wee while but thought I'd make a start again!

Hopefully everyone is using Spond now and will have seen the invites to the fortnightly Saturday rides. Each ride will be in a different place and will be a social pedal i.e. no coaching, no racing, just a bit of time on the bikes with some friends riding stuff. If there are bits that don't want to be ridden then not a problem.

As these aren't coached, a responsible adult is needed, but the riding will be mixed and varied - all offroad, but hopefully enough variety to keep people interested.

It is a great way for the Warriors to practice their coached skills (normally without them knowing they are practicing), but it is also good just to get out with folk and ride a bike for a few hours.

So, if you are keen/interested, then please make sure you are signed up on Spond and the social ride invites will be sent out to you when they are ready.

Pinballs could be returning as well - having not eaten them since before the pandemic, I'm not convinced by them any more...but I'm also not sure what I should replace them with as fruit is far too bulky to carry for everyone! ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...
  • Page:
Designed by the Club