Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: INTERMEDIATE RIDE - 8TH December AT 10.00

INTERMEDIATE RIDE - 8TH December AT 10.00 06 Dec 2018 19:27 #14786

• Graham Brown
  • Graham Brown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 45
Last time I led the Intermediate ride it was a bit hilly! I promised that the next time, I would choose a flat (or as flat as I could make it) route. So, on Saturday I'm making it pretty flat AND a moderate distance at 69 km (43 miles) with only 525 m (1700 ft) of ascent. The weather is looking reasonable but a bit windy and temperatures of 7 to 8 degrees and about 25% chance of rain so, as always, make sure you dress appropriately with a spare jacket tucked in your jersey pocket. Also, don't forget spare tubes etc and sustenance. The other thing before I show you the route, please make sure you have full mudguards fitted to your bike, preferably with mud flaps. Mudguards are for protecting riders behind you from being splattered with mud and water so, for group riding at this time of year, they are essential.

Right, the route is heading west through Raploch to Chalmerston Road then to Thornhill, Port of Mentieth, Arnprior, Kippen, back to Thornhill. Then Doune, Hill o' Row, BoA via the Carse finishing at Corrieri's. The route can be seen here: ridewithgps.com/routes/29008214

Now back to pickling my onions!
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney, Douglas Telfer, Andrew Ward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I ride to drink!
  • Page:
Designed by the Club