Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group - Saturday 2nd February 2019

Intermediate Group - Saturday 2nd February 2019 31 Jan 2019 20:58 #15027

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 117
Intermediate Group - Saturday 2nd February 2019

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday.

This week’s ride is under 42mi and in contrast to last week’s wet, wet, wet ride, this week’s will be cold, cold, cold and so in order to avoid the risk of ice we’re going flat, flat, flat! With a route that’s as flat as Norfolk we’ll aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left begins.

We’ll keep low & stick to main roads which are gritted/salted by heading out from The Peak along the A84 (past Safari Park), A873 to Thornhill, then taking the A81 towards Glasgow. Road surface permitting we’ll cut off on the B835 to Buchlyvie and take the A811 all the way back to Stirling & on to Corrieries.

Due to the weather conditions (not due to get much over 0 degrees all day) it is important that you bring enough clothing (plenty of layers) and extra food to keep your body fuelled. We’ll spell up frequently to keep the whole group warm and practice our safe riding skills i.e. slightly increased distances between bikes, gentle braking, easy cornering etc etc.

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet and MUDGUARDS as the roads are filthy.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer, Heather Morton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club