Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle group - Sat 2nd Feb - 10am

Middle group - Sat 2nd Feb - 10am 01 Feb 2019 10:43 #15034

• Gill Brett
  • Gill Brett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looks like it could be another glorious day like today B) so hopefully see lots of you out

Importantly for tomorrow, please:
* If you’re on the front of the group keep an eye out for water run off / ice
* Early calls to let those behind know what is happening
* Spell up frequently to keep the group warm
* Leave enough distance between you and the person in front to give time to react
* Gentle braking & easy cornering
* Remember to eat and drink regularly, in the cold it is easy to forget and it's going to be more important than usual to have the energy to keep body temperature up

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gill Brett.

Middle group - Sat 2nd Feb - 10am 31 Jan 2019 21:13 #15028

• Gill Brett
  • Gill Brett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm the middle group leader this Saturday and given a forecast of 1 to 3 degrees I've opted for main, well gritted roads and keeping it low and simple! Hoping the roads will be dry so should be fine. Remember to layer up well and consider carrying an extra layer in case of having to stop for a mechanical :S

The ride starts at the peak, round the back of the castle, out the A811 all the way to BallotToll, north to RobRoy roundabout and back via Thornhill, Doune and Dunblane to Corrieris. Route map can be found here ... www.strava.com/routes/16977713 ... approx 48mls with 1800ft of climb, aiming for an average speed of 15 - 17mph

Remember the usual essentials: spare tubes, pump, tools, mudguards, helmet, food, drink, money for cafe

I'll be there by 9:45, please introduce yourself if it's your first time out with middle group

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club