Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 5th May 2019 at 10am

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 5th May 2019 at 10am 05 May 2019 14:59 #15621

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 117
Great wee group of three out this morning over the Nivingston Crags & through Cleish village. It was a hard shift for the small (but perfectly formed) group into the wind back to Toast (note to self to re-check weather forecast when planning a ride so far in advance) but we all arrived back to delicious food with smiles from ear to ear, plus we beat the Middle Group back! 🙌🏼

But where were all the Intermediate Group riders and those Dev Group riders who are ready to move up & would benefit from a gentle introduction out of sight of the large numbers on a Saturday group ride?

I realise Sunday doesn’t suit everyone but it’s such a shame that this ride isn’t well supported (I appreciate its Bank holiday weekend & Majorca but it’s the same week in-week out)!

Like I said today over lunch about a local bike shop of ours “if you don’t use it, you’ll lose it” and that would be such a shame.... just saying!

Thanks to those who made the effort to turn up & put in the effort whilst they were out...
Becki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 5th May 2019 at 10am 04 May 2019 21:38 #15620

• Rebecca Barker
See you all in the morning! 👍🏻

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 5th May 2019 at 10am 01 May 2019 20:38 #15599

• Rebecca Barker
Intermediate Group – Sunday 5th May 2019

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Sunday and we’re heading out towards Cleish from the south (so that the south easterly wind will blow us over & back home).

The route is just under 47mi with 1810ft of elevation and takes us out through Fishcross, Coalsnaughton, Forestmill, Saline & over the hill to Cleish, returning to Toast via Powmill, Blairingone, Dollarbeg & back the way we came. We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind. Note, I have opted for a route which takes us in the totally opposite direction to the Middle group as I am keen to attract enough Inters riders so that we have a good sized group who can work together at Inters pace…. We also have the option to cut over Knockhill instead of Cleish if anyone is wanting a slightly shorter ride on the day!

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for it to be chilly for this time of year with light cloud and a moderate breeze (6-9deg C) and little chance of rain. However, this is Scotland & the Trossachs so it could all change before Sunday so please check beforehand and come prepared for anything!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki

Last edit: by Rebecca Barker.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club