I have the following current rider list (please let me know if you aren't going to make it as I don't want to start the ride without everyone present).
Here's the important details for the start of the ride plus one or two things I forgot to mention before.
Start point is Dalmellington. Craig has suggested meeting at the Police Station - GPS 55.323365, -4.399084 (I think he's worried about his car ! )
Start time is 10am
If you can't get parked next to the Police Station I found ample parking next to the church last time (GPS 55.325591, -4.396917)
Car journey time from Stirling to Dalmellington should be about 90 mins
My number is 07825816296 if you need to get in touch
We'll be needing a lunch/cafe stop. I think the best place for that is Newton Stewart. I'll investigate options this afternoon.(The Riverbank restaurant looks a contender).
Remember to bring the usual spare tubes, mini-pump/CO2, two full water bottles and a packable rain jacket
The latest weather forecast suggests a damp start gradually clearing to provide some sunny intervals. In other words, it should get better as the day goes on. The wind is forecast to be a fairly stiff southerly. This is ideal because we'll get a tailwind in the second half of the ride ! Temperature range 12-15C.
That looks awesome - I can't make it unfortunately (have to get back to get stuck into painting and decorating), but very keen to hear how route goes, with a view to maybe copying you later in the summer!
A few of us in the Tempo Group are planning to have an away day on Saturday if the weather holds out. If you'd be interested in joining us here are the details :
The route is about 100 miles in beautiful Galloway. We'd be starting at Dalmellington (start time TBA) and completing an anti-clockwise loop in and around the Galloway Forest Park. You can view the route
Most of the route is on quiet roads and the surfaces are generally very good. There are some spectacular views of the Firth of Clyde, Galloway hills and various lochs within the forest park. I would expect we'll average 17-18mph so this will be suitable for Faster Middle Group riders upwards.
The current weather forecast for the area on Saturday is decent with the possibility of the odd shower. If this deteriorates significantly we'll cancel because none of us want a miserable grind in the rain !
Anyway, if you fancy it just reply to this post and I'll make sure you're kept up to date with the plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Milligan