Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group – Sunday 7th July 2019 at 10am

Middle Group – Sunday 7th July 2019 at 10am 04 Jul 2019 19:54 #16061

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 66
Middle Group – Sunday 7th July 2019 at 10am

I will be leading this week’s Middle Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Sunday and we’re heading out along Carron Valley and back via all three Braes for a bit of a climbing day 😊

The route is 53mi with 2800ft of elevation and takes us out from The Peak and up the long line to Carron Bridge. We will then head along the valley to Fintry and climb up to the Top of the World then down to Arnprior. We will then cycle over to the A873 passing the beautiful Lake of Monteith before tackling all three Braes. We’ll then head back into town via Chalmerston Rd for some well-earned refreshments at Toast. We will aim for an average pace of between of 15-17 mph although we will ride at the pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is 14-16 deg C with some light cloud, sunny spells and a gentle breeze and little or no chance of rain …. promise 😊

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Neil B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer, Raymond Glass, Paul Milligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club