Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group ‘Sunday Social’ Ride – 7th July 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT

Intermediate Group ‘Sunday Social’ Ride – 7th July 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT 04 Jul 2019 20:18 #16062

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 127
Intermediate Group ‘Sunday Social’ Ride – 7th July 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ‘Sunday Social’ ride leaving (& returning to) DUNBLANE TRAIN STATION at 10am on Sunday and we’re heading out on the 55mi Lew Weaver Memorial Ride route (and this time it should be dry)!

The route is 55mi with 2500ft of elevation and I don’t need to tell you where we’ll go, you all know it. We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind. As for our mid-route coffee & cake café stop, we’ll be planning to call into Glenturret Distillery for a bit of whatever takes your fancy! 😊

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for 13-14deg C, light cloud and a gentle breeze with little risk of rain!

I’ll aim to be at DUNBLANE TRAIN STATION early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club