Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SBC audax - Lyon, Lawers and Moors 01 Jul 2021 09:52 #17580

• David Lindsay
  • David Lindsay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 136
Superb, Colin - great to have you "on board"!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SBC audax - Lyon, Lawers and Moors 01 Jul 2021 09:34 #17579

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 70
Dave, Fraser

Cheers for organising this!

Myself and a mate have signed up to give it a bash, sounds like my kind of fun... not a race, more a steady pace social ride on some really nice routes in the heart of Scotland!:)
It's also my first 200KM ride singe Mallorca 2019

SBC audax - Lyon, Lawers and Moors 25 Jun 2021 08:19 #17569

• David Lindsay
  • David Lindsay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 136
Hi all,

I'm pleased to say - Covid situation permitting - that the club will be putting on what I think is its first audax event, on Saturday 4th September. Big thanks to Fraser Stewart who is co-organising this with me.

"Lyon, Lawers and Moors" is a 200 km ride starting in Dunblane and taking in some of the best roads Perthshire has to offer.

If you're unaware of audax-type events, you can find an explanation here: audax.uk/about-audax/

This is the link to the event page where you can get details of the route and enter online: audax.uk/event-details?eventId=9061

The event is open to anyone, but I thought I would promote it to club members via the forum. Entries open tomorrow, Saturday 26th June. We're keeping numbers low as obviously a lot can happen between now and September 4th, but if you find the event is closed, email me via the address on the event page, and I'll add you to the reserve list.

We won't need a lot of volunteers for this, but if restrictions allow pre- and post-ride catering, any home baking contributions on the day would be most welcome!

Cheers

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Chisholm, Douglas Telfer, James Tierney, David Gould

• Page:
Designed by the Club