Battle of the Braes is Stirling Bike Club's Hilly road race taking place on the 16th June 2018. Situated in the gorgeous surroundings of The Trossachs, Elite 1st, 2nd,3rd and 4th Cat riders will ride laps of the tough 'Braes' circuit.
Cat 3/4 Vet Only race 09:30
Cat E,1,2,3 race 12:30
The race is neutralised from the HQ at McLaren Leisure Centre over the 'Micro Braes' down to Thornhill before turning right onto the the A873 where the race begins. Riders then proceed along the A873/A81 towards Aberfolye where they turn left at the Rob Roy and continue to ride along the A81. Another left after a few miles sees the riders turn on to the A811 heading through Buchlyvie towards the Kippen roundabout. Riders turn left at the Kippen Roundabout onto open windy flatlands back towards Thornhill where they ascend the Micro Braes and then the Braes of Greenock for two full loops before finishing atop the Braes of Greenock on the third ascent.
View a racer's Strava map:
E123 route Strava
Support Race route Strava
- 2015: Elite/1/2/3 Steven Lawley (Neon-Velo Cycling Team)
- 2015: 3/4 Danny Hedley (Moray Cycle Racing Team)
- 2014: Gavin Shuttleworth (Speg 51)
- 2013: Tim Blathwayt (Velo Club Edinburgh)
- 2012: Alain Ramirez (Duranguesa S.C)
- 2011: Neil Taylor (Edinburgh Road Club)
- 2010: Alastair McNicol ( www.thebicycleworks.com)